The HomePass App allows you to group your devices into rooms to improve motion detection accuracy. For example, if your living room has a smart TV, smart speaker, and voice assistant, your motion detection on any of these devices can be localized to your living room!
To set up rooms, make sure your HomePass App is updated to the following versions:
- iOS version 2.7.9-30 or higher
- Android version 2.3.8 (375) or higher
- Open the Sense view.
- Scroll down to find the Sense Devices section and select the Edit icon.
- Devices that have not been assigned to a room yet will appear on top with the Tap to assign room button. Devices already assigned to a room will be displayed accordingly.
- After selecting Tap to assign a room, enter the desired name of your room. You can tap the + icon to assign multiple devices to the same room.
- At the bottom of the Motion devices list, you'll see Portable Devices. These are mobile phones that move around frequently and may not make sense to assign to a room. The devices can still be assigned to a room and used for motion detection if you would like, though it is not recommended.
- You can also assign or edit a device's room assignment by clicking on the Device Details.
- You can remove a device from a room by tapping on the ellipsis on the upper right-hand corner and selecting Remove assigned room.