The HomePass App allows you to group your devices into rooms to improve motion detection accuracy. For example, if your living room has a smart TV, smart speaker, and voice assistant, motion detection on any of these devices can be localized to your living room!
- From the home screen, enable Sense. Once Sense is enabled, a list of eligible devices will begin to populate and you will be prompted to assign devices to a room.
- Tap on one of the devices in the unassigned device list.
- Enter the name of the room for this device and tap on Save.
- If there is more than one device in that room, tap on the + icon.
- From the device list, add a green checkmark next to all the devices in that room and tap on Add.
- From the unassigned device list, tap on another device and repeat the previous three steps until all devices have been assigned a room.
Follow the instructions below if you are using a version of HomePass prior to 3.91
- Open the Sense view.
- Scroll down to find the Sense Devices section and select the Edit icon.
- Devices that have not been assigned to a room yet will appear on top with the Tap to assign room button. Devices already assigned to a room will be displayed accordingly.
- After selecting Tap to assign a room, enter the desired name of your room. You can tap the + icon to assign multiple devices to the same room.
- At the bottom of the Motion devices list, you'll see Portable Devices. These are mobile phones that move around frequently and may not make sense to assign to a room. The devices can still be assigned to a room and used for motion detection if you would like, though it is not recommended.
- You can also assign or edit a device's room assignment by clicking on the Device Details.
- You can remove a device from a room by tapping on the ellipsis in the upper right-hand corner and selecting Remove assigned room.