Sense uses the Wi-Fi connections between SuperPods and your Wi-Fi devices to detect motion in your home. Up to 3 devices per SuperPod are used to detect motion.
Which Wi-Fi connections are used to detect motion?
- SuperPod to SuperPod Wi-Fi connections
- SuperPod to other pod models
- SuperPod to Devices
How are Sense Capable Devices chosen?
5 minutes after turning on Sense, your list of Motion Detection Devices is populated with all the devices currently connected to your SuperPods by Wi-Fi.
Every time a new device connects to your network for the first time, it will also be added to the Motion detection device list if it connects to a SuperPod.
If you turn off Sense for at least 10 minutes and then turn it back on, the list of available Motion Detection Devices will populate again with the devices currently connected to your SuperPods. Any devices connected to other pod models at this time will not be added to the list.
We recommend grouping your devices into rooms to assist in personalizing motion detection for your home!
Which devices are actually being used to detect motion?
Not all devices in the Motion Detection Devices list will be used for motion detection since only 3 devices per SuperPod can be used to detect motion.
- Algorithms in the cloud automatically chose the most appropriate devices from the list to use for motion detection.
- You can also designate specific devices for motion detection in the Motion Detection Devices list. Devices in the list that are not designated by you will not be chosen by the algorithm to detect motion.
- Devices currently being used for motion detection are updated every 10 minutes by the cloud to ensure the best results. This ensures that inappropriate devices, such as those that go into a low-power sleep mode or are using a high interference channel, are not being used and another device from your list can be used instead.
- Generally, portable devices like phones and smartwatches are not selected for motion detection as they frequently move, making motion detection unreliable.