The latest version of the HomePass app gives you the ability to invite other users to help you manage your HomePass network without needing to share your account credentials.
There are two permission sets you can provide the new HomePass user:
- View Only - The user can view HomePass features such as Guard and Sense events and network performance, but cannot change or modify settings.
- Full Access - The user is able to view and manage all HomePass features.
Inviting a new user to HomePass
- Open the People tab and find the person you wish to invite. If they do not already exist, you will need to add them to HomePass.
- Using the ⋮ , open the options for the person and then choose Share HomepPass app access. If an email is not already associated with the person, you will be prompted to enter one which will be used to send the invite.
- Choose the app access permissions you wish to provide them and then tap on Invite.
An email will be sent to the user with the invitation, which they will need to accept. Once accepted they will be prompted to install the HomePass app and be logged in.
Note: Versions of HomePass prior to 3.91 do not support this feature.