- Launch the HomePass app and choose the Set up HomePass option.
- You'll need to accept the terms and conditions to continue.
- The app will prompt you to enter your first and last name.
- This will be for your new Plume account and will also be used to create a profile in the HomePass app for you.
- You can also choose one of the built-in avatar images or use the + to add a picture from your phone or use the camera.
- Enter your email. This also is used for your Plume account.
- Clicking on Next will send a magic link to your email to log into your account.
- Alternatively, you can choose the Use password for setup option. Passwords must be at least 8 characters.
- An email will be sent to you. Click on the Verify Email link within that email to continue the setup process.
- You'll be presented with the overall steps to get your first pod connected. This will become the Gateway pod of your Plume network.
- The info buttons will bring up additional details for each step. Clicking on Next go through these steps one at a time.
- If you would like to use the Plume network in router mode, and your ISP provides Internet access with VLAN, Fixed IP, or PPPoE type of connection then you should click on Other setup options... That specific flow is described in this article.
- Connect a pod by Ethernet to your modem. If you have an existing router, ONT for Fiber, or another type of network configuration, use the Advanced setup link to get more information on how to connect the pod to the network.
- Plug the pod into power. Restart your modem. The modem should also be left unplugged from power for a minimum of 30 seconds until the next step.
- If you are using your existing router, modem/router combo, or ONT a restart is not necessary.
- Once you have completed the steps to connect your Gateway pod, tap on Next to move on to setting up your SSID.
- The LED will continue to slowly pulse until the pod connects to the Plume cloud. Once connected, the LED will turn off and the app will prompt you to input your new WiFi name (SSID) and Password.
- To simplify the setup, you can use your previous Network Name (SSID) and password. This will allow all your client devices to easily switch to the Plume network once the old WiFi has been turned off, without needing to update the credentials on every single WiFi client.
- Alternatively, this could be an opportunity to set up a completely new WiFi network name and/or password. This would help ensure that the new WiFi network starts off as secure as possible.
- If you have more than one pod, start plugging them in now. Stay close to each pod until it is found. As each one connects to the network and cloud, a green check mark will appear and the LED will turn off. Tap on Completed once all pods have been added.
- Be sure to Enable notifications. This will help you be aware of your home network activity.
- The HomePass app will prompt you to join the new WiFi network with your mobile.
- Tapping on Join will take you out of the HomePass app and into the WiFi settings so you can join.
- Once back in the HomePass app, a Welcome Aboard message indicates that the device is now connected and the new WiFi network is operational.
- Finally, after you have joined the network, you'll be taken to the home screen.
- Over the next 24 hours, your new Plume WiFi network will optimize to create the best performance for your connected devices.
Plume Installation - App Steps
Was this article helpful?
< Back to full search results