Native support for PPPoE, VLAN, or fixed IP is available for SuperPods and SuperPods with WiFi 6 running firmware version 188.8.131.52 or later.
If you are using a PowerPod as your gateway pod, you will need to use your existing router if your WAN connection requires PPPoE, VLAN, or a fixed IP.
How to configure PPPoE, VLAN, or Fixed IP
During the initial setup process, you can configure SuperPods for PPPoE, VLAN, or fixed IP types of connections by following the advanced onboarding flow during the initial setup.
- In the step where the HomePass app provides instructions on connecting the first pod, Other setup options... need to be selected.
- Select Advanced configuration.
- Plug the SuperPod into power, but leave the Ethernet disconnected.
- Touch the pod connected to your modem with your phone.
- Tap on Set up advanced configuration.
- Select the type of connection your ISP supports Fixed IP / PPPoE / VLAN.
- Enter the required parameters. Contact your internet service provider for help if you don't know them.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the left port of the SuperPod and then tap on Apply.
- iOS users will have to Copy the Bluetooth pin and enter it in the field located on the next screen.
- Click on Pair will first check the Bluetooth connection, and in the second step, parameters for Fixed IP, PPPoE, or VLAN settings will be pushed on the Gateway pod.
. . .