What is a static IP?
While most cases do not require it, it is possible to reserve a static IP address for your devices in the HomePass app. By default, devices use dynamic IP addresses assigned by the network upon connection and will change over time. Static IP addresses, however, do not change. This can be useful when an external device, website, or service needs to remember your IP address.
Please note: Your Plume network must be in Router mode to configure a static IP using the HomePass App. If you are in Bridge mode, this feature must be configured through your router's settings.
Pods themselves can only be assigned a static IP through your router while in Bridge mode.
Static WAN IP
At this time, pods are unable to be assigned a static WAN IP. For ISP connections that require this, you will need to keep your existing router and operate Plume in Bridge mode.
How can I reserve a static IP?
- To configure a static IP address, from the home screen, open the menu on the bottom-left hand corner.
- Choose the Advanced WiFi Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on New IP Reservation.
- Select your desired device.
- If desired, you can edit the name and IP address of the device, or just tap Done. Your device should now be assigned to the new static IP! If you want, you can now set up port forwarding.