What is a static IP?
While most cases do not require it, it is possible to reserve a static IP address for your devices in the HomePass app. By default, devices use dynamic IP addresses assigned by the network upon connection and will change over time. Static IP addresses, however, do not change. This can be useful when an external device, website, or service needs to remember your IP address.
Please note: Your Plume network must be in Router mode to configure a static IP using the HomePass App. If you are in Bridge mode, this feature must be configured through your router's settings.
Pods themselves can only be assigned a static IP through your router while in Bridge mode.
Static WAN IP
A Fixed IP for the WAN connection is now supported through the Advanced onboarding process, next releases of the HomePass app will also support post-onboarding changes.
Advanced onboarding flow is explained here.
How can I reserve a static IP?
- To configure a static IP address, from the home screen, open the menu More on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Choose the Advanced gear icon.
- Under Reservations & Port Forwarding, tap on New IP Reservation
- Select your desired device.
- If desired, you can edit the name and IP address of the device, or just tap Done. Your device should now be assigned to the new static IP! If you want, you can now set up port forwarding.